Safety & Guidelines
Our guests can rest assured because our Ocean Certified Lifeguards and Security Forces defenders are diligently providing safety and security at our exclusive location. Our Security Forces Team provide assistance and protection for our guests 24-hours a day, seven days a week.
Monday – Thursday, 10 pm – 8 am
Friday – Sunday and Holidays, 12 am – 8 am
Excessive noise complaints, profanity, disturbance or any policy violation are grounds for immediate eviction, loss of Bellows AFS privileges for up to one year or debarment.
• Hiking trail, pavilions, picnic areas and playground are closed after dark.
• No swimming after dark.
• No cell phone use while driving.
• 10 mph when passing pedestrians.
• Smoking in designated areas only. No smoking in rental units.
• No pets/animals on Bellows AFS (except service animals with proper documentation).
• Feeding or hunting feral animals is prohibited.
• No alcohol consumption on beach or hiking trail.
• No open fires, fireworks, firearms or metal detectors.
• No personal generators or extension cords (except Group Campsites).
• No landing and/or launching privately-owned watercraft. (Personal kayaks are allowed.)
• Please recycle and use trash receptacles. Bellows AFS encourages all guests to recycle cans and bottles. Recycle bins are located around Bldg. 220 and throughout the property.
GUESTS AND SPONSORS:
• Eligible patrons are responsible for dependents and sponsored guests. Sponsors must be on site from 10 pm – 8 am.
• Ages 16 & younger must be accompanied by an adult in all public areas from 10 pm – 8 am.
• All occupants remaining overnight must be registered.
• A Special Function Agreement and an authorized guest list must be obtained from Security Forces for functions exceeding 10 unauthorized guests (non DoD ID card holders).
• No parking on unpaved surfaces unless designated.
• Two parking permits are issued per cabin/condo unit/campsite/camper cabin. Additional vehicles must park in authorized overflow parking. Permits are for assigned unit only. Wrongfully parked/vehicles without properly displayed permits may be ticketed or towed at sponsor’s expense.
• Special Function attendees: Please use overflow parking lots – no parking in front of Reservations/Turtle Cove building and Mini Golf Course.
• Three lots are available for overflow parking: 1) Adjacent to Group Campsites on the old flight line. 2) Behind the Driving Range on the old flight line. 3) Between the Mini Golf Course and Lettered Family Campsites. DV guests may park near the neighboring bathhouse (Bldg. 475).
• Beachwalk Lane parking area is accessible to vehicles with handicapped parking permits, distinguished visitors and contracted services at all times.
• For inquiries regarding parking and guest sponsorships (for Special Functions), please contact Security Forces.
CAMPFIRES, GRILLING AND OUTDOOR COOKING:
• Open campfires are prohibited. (Except in firepits – Group Campsites only.)
• Cooking units must be located at least six feet from any structure, tent or combustible material and at least three feet off the ground.
• Grills are for outdoor cooking only. Grills will not be used to burn firewood.
• Cutting trees/harvesting wood on bellows AFS is prohibited.
• Coals must be cooled and disposed of in coal dispensers only. Do not dispose of coals on the ground, in the sand or in any trash receptacle.
Bellows Lifeguards are on duty daily from 10 am – 5 pm. Ocean safety experts patrol the beach from two lifeguard towers – one behind the AAFES EXPRESS and one near the beach pavilion off Beachwalk Lane.
• Swim smart and safe – be aware of surroundings.
• Ages 12 & younger must be accompanied by an adult.
• Sunscreen highly recommended.
• No diving in shallow areas.
• No rough playing.
• Riptides occur in different areas along the shoreline. If caught in a riptide: Stay calm; Let the current pull you to deeper waters where the current will cease (It will not pull you out more than meters.); Swim parallel to shore, then swim towards the beach.
• If you see someone in trouble, notify a lifeguard.
• Closed after dark.
• Drinking water, mosquito repellent and sunscreen recommended.
• Please stay on trails and pathways.
• Bikers, please yield to pedestrians.
• No motorized vehicles.
• Hiking trail is monitored by Security Forces ATV patrol.
• Tents are not permitted in cabin area.
• Do not take furniture items outside. Fees apply for violations.
• Help us reduce our environmental impact. Please hang and reuse towels. Dirty towels left on the floor will be replaced. Cabin towels on the beach are not permitted.
• Keep your unit locked at all times.
• Please use the safe provided in each cabin to keep valuables locked away. Bellows AFS is not responsible for loss or damage.
• Safeguard your keys. Do not leave them in your cabin, vehicle or unattended.
• Do not admit persons into your cabin without first making identification.
• Never leave luggage unattended or unsecured.
• The adjacent lanai will not be used as an alternate rain shelter. The lanai is a central space designated as common area for all guests.
• Patrons hosting a Special Function must provide trash bags and place all trash in the dumpster (corner of Bldg. 220 parking lot) prior to check out.
• One freestanding professional sign may be displayed for a Special Function. Signs are prohibited from being fastened/secured/taped to any utility pole, street sign or tree.
• No outside alcohol allowed on the outdoor deck. Functions that require bar service must rent the bar and purchase bartender services through Turtle Cove. Special requests require command authorization.
• Trash receptacles (along the walking path, parallel to Tinker Road) are not for large volume disposal.
• Campfires in fire pits only. Flames must not exceed four feet (in height). Groups are allowed to bring firewood for use in firepits.
• Loading and parking policy: Vehicles must enter the group campsite area via the flightline. Guests are allowed 30-minutes to load/unload. All vehicles must park on the flightline for the duration. Vehicles parked on the grass may be ticketed and towed at sponsor’s expense.